This article concerns the 20-21 DOE attendance policy process in IO Classroom. Illuminate is named in the policy as an attendance solution for large high schools, but we are happy to announce that all IO Classroom schools will have an attendance solution available to them and, with this year’s budget concerns, we are providing this service as part of your regular subscription price. The other great news is that you will not have to retrain teachers to use the new attendance values of M and O for remote learning and you will be able to run attendance reports comparing in-school to remote attendance.
FULL REMOTE LEARNING STARTING 9/16
The team is currently creating a new download that reflects the A,P,M,O. Get ready for the release by using the new School Year Setup screen that enables you to define your in-school and remote student groups and plan. This information will provide stakeholders with the following benefits:
- Awareness of in-school/remote days for students
- Teachers can assign work to specific students in the same class
- Teachers continue to mark attendance as A,P,L,E and IO Classroom will calculate the A,P,M,O value required for the updated Interactions Report
- Attendance reports in IO Classroom will provide data on in-school and remote attendance.
- Once this setup is complete, the 20-21 Student Interaction download will provide you with the exact data to load into the daily DOE Attendance file.
Join our webinars to learn how to use the School Year Setup Screen, which will allow us to calculate the A,P,M,O for you and reduce teacher retraining:
BLENDED LEARNING ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP
With this year’s addition of rotating schedules combined with blended learning, we have enhanced IO Classroom and PupilPath to show if the student is expected to be in school or remote on any given school day. The NYC Customer Success Team will walk you through the setup allowing teachers to assign work to groups based on their in-school/remote rotation as well as allowing attendance reports based on In-school/remote days.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:30am-12:30pm
Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:30am-12:30pm
Friday, September 18, 2020, 11:30am-12:30pm
Additional webinars being scheduled.