In this lesson, you will review how to adjust your seating chart preferences in Classroom. The Seating Chart Preferences allows you to find a student in your seating chart, have only first names of students show on the chart, and for Standards Based Grades, automatically push standards grades from marks grades.
Where to Start
1. Select the course you would like to setup a seating chart for on the top of Classroom.
Note: If you cannot see all your courses, hover your mouse over All Courses on the top right hand side. If you have too many courses in the drop down menu, see the guide Settings: Grouping Courses Together.
2. Click Attendance, then Take Attendance.
3. If you have not taken attendance for this course today, a window will pop-up to notify you. Click Close.
Seating Chart Options
1. Click the Preferences tab on the top right hand side.
2. To find a student in your seating chart, select the student's name in the drop down menu under Find Student. The students picture will flash a few times, indicating where the student is located on the chart.
3. To show only students first name and last initial on your seating chart, check the box next to Show First Names Only. This will save automatically.
4. For teachers using Standards Based Grading, to have Classroom automatically use an assignment mark to calculate the standard grades on an assignment, check the box next to Auto Push Standards Grades from Mark Grade.