In this lesson, you will review how to attach standards to courses in Classroom. All Courses should have their own individual standards assigned to each of them. The available standards will those previously enabled by a Classroom Administrator under the "School Standards" page. While the entire Common Core or State Standards can be applied to any course, if the goal is to create a Standards Based Report Card, you may want to assign only the standards that will be used on the Report Card to each course.
Where to Start
1. On the left Navigation, click Settings, then select Course Standards.
2. On the Course Lookup page, use the Select A Course dropdown select the course you wish to attach standards to. You can also use the Course List by selecting the wrench icon for the course.
3. When the page loads, the page will show the School Standards List (standards available to use) and the Selected Standards (current course standards).
4. Locate the standards you wish to attach from the School Standards list. Use the (+) icons to expand your selections.
5. Use the checkboxes for the standards or standard folders you want to assign to a course.
6. Once all the standards or folders are checked, click the Transfer Selected link in the upper-middle portion of the page. This will cause the standards to appear on the right side of the screen under the Selected Standards portion of the page.
7. Confirm that all the standards you selected were transferred and click on the Save ... button at the top right corner of the page.
Apply Changes to Courses
8. On the new pop-up, you will be presented with all courses you have the privilege to edit.
Note: Teachers will usually have access to their courses, but Administrators may have access to all courses.
9. On the pop-up, please place a check on all courses which must have the same standards.
10. Click the Apply Changes button to finalize the process.