In this lesson, you will review how to take attendance through a seating chart in Classroom.
Where to Start
1. Select the course you would like to setup a seating chart for on the top of Classroom.
Note: If you cannot see all your courses, hover your mouse over All Courses on the top right hand side. If you have too many courses in the drop down menu, see the guide on how to group your courses together.
2. Click Attendance, then Take Attendance.
3. If you have not taken attendance for this course today, a window will pop-up to notify you. Click Close.
Choose Attendance Date
1. Underneath Attendance date, choose the date you would like to take attendance for. A calendar will come up when you click in the box. You can click on a day in the calendar to make it the attendance date.
2. Hover your mouse over a student you would like to take attendance for.
3. Click A (Absent), P (Present), L (Late) or E (Excused). You can also type a comment in the box.
Note: Attendance will save automatically. You will see a save disc appear in the bottom left of the students picture. A small box with the color of the attendance indicator will show up for that student after it has been recorded.
If you do not have a seating chart set up, see the guide on how to setup a seating chart.